To assist the Sergeant-at-Arms in setting up the meeting room.
To create a suitable atmosphere for public speaking.
AT THE MEETING:
ARRIVE AT THE MEETING THIRTY (30) MINUTES BEFORE THE MEETING BEGINS.
It will take about 20 minutes to set up the room. The Sergeant-at-Arms will work with you and provide direction as you require. If you have time and would like to get an earlier start, phone the Sergeant-at-Arms to make arrangements.
The following items can be used as a check-list, but use your own judgement as well, and work closely with the Sergeant-at-Arms as a team:
- Tables, chairs and lectern in place
- Room neat and tidy
- Club Charter Banner hung at the front of the room
- Timing lights and stop watch working and ready to use by the Timer
- Head table nameplates in place
- Gavel and awards ribbons in place at the lectern
- Speaker evaluation forms and ballots at each place
- Refreshments and cookies set out
Place Toastmasters literature and an assortment of other items at a welcoming table just inside the room. Items on the table would include:
- Pamphlets and other information
- Guest cards and pen
- Guest name tags and marker pen
At the end of the meeting, most club members will assist you in restoring the room to the original set-up. Be sure that all club materials are returned to storage.